The Bexley Education Foundation at its December 7, 2022 Board of Governors Meeting approved a total of $42,841 in grant and endowment support to:
- Purchase a large interactive display screen to improve the student experience in the Mayland Elementary Library.
- Fund all expenses related to an all-elementary, in-person visit by acclaimed children’s author and illustrator Peter Brown in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Provide funding to expand the Seal of Biliteracy testing to include any high school junior or senior in Level IV of Spanish, French or Latin as well as students who previously participated in English Learner programming or who are native speakers of a language other than English.
- Purchase games, puzzles, art materials and other hands-on activities to support play based learning by Kindergarten students at all elementary schools.
- Enhance the launch of the ELA Wit & Wisdom curriculum modules for first graders, “A World of Books,” “Creature Features,” “Powerful Forces” and “Cinderella Stories”
- Bring local artist, Anna Sokol into third grade classrooms in late Spring to work with students to create art that reflects what the students have learned over the course of the past year
Fund a virtual visit by New York Times bestselling author and poet Kwame Alexander for all fifth grade classrooms